“Don’t give up on giving up. Every time you try to stop smoking, you’re a step closer to success.”
Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and mental wellbeing.
Key messages for smokers
- Don’t give up on giving up. Every time you try, you’re a step closer to success.
- Every successful quit begins with a serious quit attempt. Make your next quit attempt this No Smoking Day.
- Many smokers do not quit on their first attempt and need several tries before they succeed.
- The sooner you stop the greater the health gains but whenever you stop your health will benefit.
- Getting support really boosts your chances of quitting – you’re up to three times as likely to succeed.
There has never been a more important time look after your mental and physical health. Stopping smoking has immediate benefits to your physical health and long term will significantly reduce your chances of developing many illnesses including heart disease, diabetes, COPD, stroke and cancer.
While quitting can feel stressful in the short term, research shows that once you’re past the withdrawal stage your mental health also improves. Today is the day to stop smoking. Get in touch to find out how we can help make quitting less stressful.
For support to quit contact:
- Hertfordshire Health Improvement Service on 0800 389 3998
- TEXT “SMOKEFREE” to 80818